Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reinvention COMPLETE


And so it begins.

I read the blog I wrote over a year ago called "Love Re-Invented", and when I look back at my single life over the past year, I can definitely say that I'm ready again. I've really had the time to focus on myself and bring myself together after all the heartache and really just cut loose and have a good time. My twenty-first year of life (as i approached age 21, if you did your math) was AN EXPERIENCE in the world of romance, love, and casual mishaps so here I am to give you a play-by-play of my road to "reinventing love".

Man 1: The Ex Factor
So it's tough to get over being in love and having something end that you really thought at one point in time was meant to last forever. Especially when it wasn't your idea to break up. So pride kept me hoping and wishing that he would "come back to his senses", and therefore ask me for my hand back in relationship world. And until I let go of him FINALLY, in August 2009, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for me to give myself completely to anyone else. But hey, I tried with #2 AND #3!

Man 2: The Braniac
And so I know the name "The Braniac" sounds retarded, but because I really call him by his school, I think that would give his identity away too quickly in cyber world. Anyway, so this guy was the first guy since my ex to really pursue me. It started in 2008, believe it or not, but it was always a surface relationship, simply dating. And I really wish I had developed deeper feelings for him sometimes because he was a GREAT GUY! But like aforementioned, timing was completely off and I was still in love with "The EX Factor", and really couldn't let go, and therefore I knew from then on it would just never work. Especially when he moved on to the west coast and will probably be there for the rest of his life. But it was a lesson learned, and an experience enjoyed, and I got a great friend out of the mix... NEXT!

Man 3: Blast from the Past
So over the summer, I went to a conference in the hometown of my first love (summer fling style romance that I called love at the time). Long story short, he took me out, we reconnected, I realized that I really did love this guy years ago, but then as quickly as that epiphany set in, I also realized the time for our journey had also ended, and while the good times rolled, they rolled on, and we just weren't meant to be.

These three men (granted there were some other honorable non-mentions) taught me about myself and about the journey that my life took along the love path. And I realized many things about who and what I was looking for and who God really wanted me to seek. My dad has always told me that even though it is the man "who findeth a woman findeth a good thing" (Proverbs 18:22), it was my job to know which man who found me was worth my attention. And so I made a mental list of everything I knew I wanted and included "dealbreakers" and I have stuck to my guns since.

So for you men reading this and trying to get a head start on winning my heart, take note:
(Listed in importance)
1. Saved, and living a lifestyle that is PLEASING to God
2. Has a positive outlook on life
3. Respectful
4. Focused
5. Patient
6. Makes me feel amazing
7. Is happy with me being myself

and of course, someone who I'm attracted to (I think that goes without saying, really).

So 2010 I've finished reinventing love, and now I intend to find it one of these years.
It's going to be an amazing journey, and I think I already know where to start ;)

*crossing fingers*
I know God has someone in store for me, and I pray for him constantly. I hope he's out there praying for me too.

Ciao!

No comments: