Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'll Forever Be Chasing After You

I'm a newbie to blogger, but am glad to be here. This blog is just a tool for me to reach people with my own experiences and realizations as I continue in my walk after Christ. So here is my first installment:



So, for those of you who have been even remotely around me in the last few weeks, you could have bet that a note in some shape or form was coming. For so long I've been running.. and still confused. See, my pastor said that as Christians, we run a neverending race. But what I failed to realize is that I shouldn't be running FROM anything, but TOWARDS a tangible end. And who am I running TOWARDS? Jesus.Tye Tribbett & God's Anointed (G.A.) sings a song called "Chasing After You (The Morning Song)". And here are some of the lyrics (I won't kill your time with the whole song, go look it up on imeem.com; its like 7 minutes of pure worship long). Chasing After You - Tye Tribbett



Each and everyday I will seek your face

My soul is crying out for more,

I want more of you

I won't be satisfied nor content of where I am

So I will apprehend till I've captured by what I'm after



And I will go from faith to faith

From glory to glory

And I'll forever be chasing after you

I'll be chasing after you



I will press towards the mark for the prize and

I won't faint theres one thing

I desire and thats what I'm going for

I cant continue life day by day

growing dry I need to be with you (Jesus)

I'll seek where you are


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now, what does that mean for me, Arielle M. Benjamin? That today I'm marking myself with this note, that you all who know me will not know me the same way. Sure, I've been a Christian my whole life, and true, I grew up in the Church. But now the tables have turned, and instead of running away from all the pains and heartaches and struggles, and weariness that has fought to bring me down, I am CHASING after God's own heart.After being too scared to just JUMP INto my purpose, and God just stepping in and reminding me where I need to be, I finally REALIZE it. This is my epiphany.



Relationships can wait. Money making can wait. But Christ is necessary now.



In Phillippians 3 it says:

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."



So, of course I'm not all completely there yet. But now that I have direction, I can have hope that what I am going towards is what God has in store for my life. And now, I am putting aside the things that I thought could help me get through what I was running from, because everything behind me is under control.





I'll forever be chasing after You.

1 comment:

Ejae (E-share) said...

Thanks for sharing Ari, i'm certainly going keep up on your blog. I really like that song, i wanna buy all of Tye's albums.